Specs & Info
- Thanks to Rocky's Rod Shop the original 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am body continues to sit on its original 125" wheelbase chassis. The Quarter Pounder is powered by an 427 Big Block Chevy iron block with aluminum Brodix heads and an 8-71 Supercharger.
- It's fed by a Enderle pump & Birdcatcher injection. The Fuel Injection Enterprises SuperMag lights the powerplant. The ATI Proglide and converter transfer the power to the Ford 9" rear with 4.30 gears.
- Best ET: 7.64 sec Best MPH: 177 mph
- The funny car was built by Hal Canode in 1980 for Howard Poepping and run as the Rainbow Connection until 2000. Howard ran it as an Arias-powered alcohol funny car at UDRA and other match race circuits. After being campaigned as the "Rainbow in the Dark" by the Arquilla brothers in Ohio, Denny Salzwimmer purchased the car and partnered with Chris Gerber and Johnny Kilburg on the "Rubber City Connection".
- This car was one of the original members of the GLNFCC. "Bullet Bob" & Cathy Floch would be the next to own the car and run it on nitro. They had several drivers including Richard Hartman drive and resulted in an event win in the IHRA's Nitro Jam series.
Driver & Crew
- Owner and Driver: Kevin Johnson
- Crew Chief: John Johnson
- Super Crew: Bryce Kovach, Lisa Kovach, Anita Johnson, Debbie Johnson & Ammo. Rick & Chase Sturz & Bruce Schafer
- Stroudsburg, PA
- Rocky's Rod Shop
- Snooky's Vintage Originals
- Brian Gawlik & Bob Toth
- To all of our friends and family who've helped us along the way!