Specs & Info
- Chuck Horvath's Damn Yankee is a 1977 Chevrolet Vega (Ken Cox Style) body on a 125 inch Simpson chassis.
- Providing the thunder is a Keith Black 426 Hemi Engine with a Coan-prepped 2-speed Powerglide transmission.
- Best ET: 6.89 sec Best MPH: 198 mph
- This car was built to run BB/FC back in the late 70's but never ran. The Horvaths bought it right out of the barn it was put away in back in 1980. This was a virgin car when the Horvaths got it.
- They have ran the car for several years with a iron 392 Hemi. They recently stepped up to the newer 426 Hemi.
- The paint and lettering was applied by Brad Horvath. This is truly a family affair. Several of the grand kids run junior dragsters and hope to step up some day.
Driver & Crew
- Owner: Chuck Horvath
- Driver: Mark Horvath
- Crew Chief: Brad Horvath
- Crew: Chuck Horvath, Anthony Horvath, Nicole Horvath, Tom (Chops) Wetter, Ryan (Junior) Hemenway
- Niles, MI
- Shaker Performance
- Jim's Sales and Service